When it comes to everyday makeup, it is hard to decide how much is too much and how much is not enough. With all of the pressures women face today, one thing we should not have to worry about every morning is our makeup. The makeup that you wear to work should not take you more than 10 to 15 minutes to apply. It should be simple and natural and make people see the beautiful person that you are. You want people to say you look good today not your makeup looks good today. Here are a few tips that can, and will, make you look and feel your best:
1. The condition of your skin is the most important. Great skin care will help your makeup look great, but it also allows the makeup to stay put throughout the day. You should find a skin care system that works well for your skin type and use it every day. You dont have to use the most expensive line in order for it to work. I recommend that whatever line you choose, you should have a cleanser, a moisturizer for night and one for daywear with sunscreen and an exfoliating mask that you use once a week. The mask is very important to get rid of dead skin cells that can make your skin look drab. If you find that you are still having skin problems after using a skin care system, consult a dermatologist. They can help you decide what else you can do for great looking skin.
2. Always wear foundation and make sure you have a foundation that is for your skin type and matches your skin tone. Nothing looks worse than people using foundation that doesnt match their skin color. Always test the foundation that you are buying at the bottom of your cheek near the jawbone and not on your hand or wrist. Checking the color of the foundation this way will ensure that it matches the skin tone on your face, where the foundation will actually be worn. If you are having trouble finding a foundation that matches your skin perfectly, you can visit a makeup artist to help you find the perfect shade for you.
3. Eye shadow should be in the neutral family; it doesnt need to match your outfit. Bright eye shadows are fun for the weekend, but they are not office appropriate. Always stick with shadows in the cream, brown or gray family for the workplace. Start with the lighter shade all over the eyelid and then apply the darker shade in the crease of the lid. Then use brown or black eyeliner applied at the lash line on the top and bottom of the eye. Remember to use liner sparingly; it doesnt take much to bring out your eyes. You can soften the eyeliner by blending with a Q-tip or using a small makeup brush with a little of the darker eye shadow that you are wearing to soften it. Finish off with two coats of mascara.
4. Blush should be kept to a minimum and again, use a natural tone. Start by applying blush to the apples of the cheek and then sweep the brush up toward the hairline at the cheek bone. You dont need much, as a little will go a long way. I prefer a powder blush because I think it is easier to blend, especially when you dont have much time.
5. You can be a bit more creative when it comes to lipstick. If you prefer a darker color, then that is fine, as long as you have a less dramatic eye. I suggest that you wear a more natural color if you are wearing a little more makeup on your eyes. Start by lining your lips with a color that matches your lipstick. Follow along the natural line of your lips and then fill in your lips with the liner. This will help your lipstick stay on longer. Then use a lip brush to apply your lipstick. You can finish with a gloss if you like.
6. Finish off your look with a translucent powder. It sets your makeup and will help it last longer. Also check your makeup throughout the day, and apply powder and lipstick as necessary to keep your face looking fresh. If you follow these tips, your makeup routine will be easy and always office-friendly.