Colors: greens are very popular. Some great combinations are green and raspberry pink, but not a feminine pink. Together they look crisp and fresh. Green and browns- a softer green, paired they are very inviting. Reds, in many shades, are in; rusty reds to a claret color.
Paint: faux finishes that are heavily textured are everywhere. There is a lot of depth of color to these because of the multi-layered processed used. Some have a stencil piece that has irregular borders; that fading in and out treatment gives it an aged feel. Sometimes they can only be seen at certain angles.
The whole house revolves around the kitchen, and they are magnificent! Beautiful cabinetry, embellished with carved onlays. Painted or stained, there are a lot of details. They are also very well thought out, everything has a function.
Huge refrigerators and freezer drawers. Appliances are all top of the line. People like to invest in things they use this frequently.
Pubs on the first floor are a trend. This is a great spot for entertaining (breaks up the bottleneck in the kitchen) or just an adult place to unwind at the end of the day.
TVs are everywhere!
This is new – one of our homes has a dedicated soccer room! Astroturf and padded goals. It's great fun for the kids!
Some old styles are being revisited:
- Detailed woodworking details are rich, elaborate and timeless
- Wider width hardwood floors, great for the open spaces on which they are being used.
- Iron railings, with lots of detail, really make a statement in the foyer.
- Brick inside – one of our homes has gorgeous arched doorways in brick.
– Holly Burtschy Rebensdorf, Interiors by Nancy Paul & Julie Bell