A locally owned coworking space just announced its second expansion and other major benefits (pssst that’s a hint).
Co-working is the office of the future and 1628 Ltd. wants to offer its clients the amenities of a modern office space combined with the backdrop of an inspirational art gallery.
“Our goal is to remove the chaos from the day so members can focus on their work,” explains Founder and CEO Tamara Schwarting. “1628 offers daily, weekly, and monthly passes for individuals who need coworking flexibility, without a long-term commitment.”
There are multiple core offerings from 1628, which include:
● Private offices, dedicated desks, and communal coworking for individuals and teams
● Daily, weekly, and monthly access to our coworking space with no long-term commitment
● 6,000 sq/ft available private events and business meetings. With 8 conference rooms and 2 large-scale rooms with open floor plans, 1628 can accommodate groups of all sizes from 2 to 200.
Here’s an idea of who might be interested in working at 1628:
● Independent workers and entrepreneurs without a HQ or home office
● Fortune 100 & 500 companies looking to establish a presence in Cincinnati with the flexibility to scale operations before committing to commercial real estate lease
● Vendors or clients of companies who need access to a business center to stay productive while in Cincinnati for business
● Individuals traveling to Cincinnati for business or leisure during the work week who need to plug-in and stay connected
● Anyone who needs an office oasis to provide inspiration to bring big ideas to life
Schwarting was inspired to launch 1628 Ltd. following a 15-year career at P&G when she opened her own consulting firm. It was then that she quickly learned that there were very few options available to meet with clients, and coffee shops and other public places aren’t always the best place to do business.
“I was familiar with coworking from the East coast, but very few options existed in Cincinnati,” she says. “After doing market research, I decided to open a coworking space that would meet my needs and other independent professionals in a similar situation.”
The concept behind 1628 Ltd. began in late 2015 before 1628 Ltd. was formed 9 months later, and then opened for business in late 2016.
Since it first opened back in 2016, 1628 Ltd. has already expanded twice, with this second expansion expected to be completed in late summer.
The new office is located at 11 Garfield Place in the historic Doctor’s building. 1628 Ltd. currently occupies 13,000 square feet of space on the first and second floors, with the expansion moving up to the third floor.
Schwarting says that the expansion is about more than just offering new space for clients.
“Where you work should work for you and at 1628, we strive to make sure we’re putting our members and guests first as we continue to evolve and meet the needs of a modern workforce,” she says. “We’ll bring the same visual aesthetic to our newest expansion – think posh boutique hotel with all the amenities you expect in a modern office.”
Once the expansion is complete, 1628 Ltd. will offer 25,000 square feet of coworking space. “In addition to this, we just announced this week that we’ll be expanding our members’ services to offer HR benefits through TriNet,” says Schwarting. “The benefits available through this partnership are typically only offered at Fortune 500 companies. We’re excited to bring healthcare and HR benefits to our members, especially as access to quality HR benefits are not often available to small businesses due to cost.”