Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Lima Bean Hummus
20 oz Lima beans, frozen
1 cup onion, roughly chopped 5-6 Cloves garlic
1 Teaspoon sea salt
2 cups Spring water
2 Teaspoons Ground cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
1/4 Cup Fresh lemon juice 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
4-6 Fresh Mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
Pita bread for serving
- Combine the lima beans, onion, garlic, salt and spring water in a saucepan.
- Bring to simmer and cook about until beans are tender.
- Drain well.
- Put the mixture in a food processor.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, lemon juice, olive oil and mint.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Serve with pita bread.
Photo: The Expatriate’s Kitchen