Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Glazed New Potatoes with Baby Vegetables
1 lb fingerling or other new potatoes, halved lengthwise
1 1/2 lb. baby carrots with greens, peeled if desired and greens trimmed to 1/2 inch
1 1/2 lb. baby turnips (about 1 inch) with greens, greens trimmed to 1/2 inch
1/2 head new garlic or 3 large regular garlic cloves, thinly sliced
8 sprigs fresh thyme
1 1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups water
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except water and butter in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet or wide 3- to 6-quart heavy pot and toss to coat with oil.
- Add water to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet tightly and simmer vigorously over moderate heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables with a slotted spoon to a platter, discarding thyme sprigs, then boil cooking liquid 1 minute to emulsify oil.
- Remove from heat and add butter, swirling skillet until butter is incorporated.
- Pour sauce over vegetables.
All ingredients except butter can be combined in skillet 1 hour ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature (make sure cut sides of potatoes are submerged in water.)
Yield: Serves 8
Photo: Courtesy of www.myrecipes.com