Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Apple Cinnamon Latkes
Makes 4-6 servings
1 large egg
3 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup water
3 medium apples, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil or 2 tablespoon margarine for frying
1/2 cup cinnamon
1 teaspoon sugar for garnish
- Insert the metal blade into the processor bowl.
- Add the egg, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and water.
- Process about five seconds until well-mixed.
- Add half the apples to the egg mixture in the processor bowl. Pulse two or three times.
- Add the remaining apples and flour. Pulse several times, and then process for 15 seconds.
- Heat the vegetable oil or melt the margarine in the pan.
- Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of batter for each pancake.
- Fry until edges are brown.
- Turn with a slotted spatula and brown the other side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the warm latkes.
Photo: Courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com