Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Couscous With Zucchini Salad
2 1/2 cups spring water
2 1/2 cups couscous
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 cups zucchini, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, color of your choice, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the spring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and let sit five minutes. Do not overheat!
- Remove lid and fluff well with a fork.
- Add olive oil and fluff again, mixing well.
- Whisk rice wine vinegar and ground cumin in a small bowl, add to couscous and fluff again.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients with a fork and combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Chef’s notes: Recipe can be prepared up to three days in advance and refrigerated.
Photo: Courtesy of What Did You Eat?