Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Sherried Mushroom Soup
Serves 4 to 6
With a few additions, you can transform a packaged soup into a sophisticated and delicious first course. You could cut this recipe in half if you wish, but consider making enough to put some away in the freezer.
2 10-ounce boxes of mushroom soup
1 Cup heavy cream or half and half
1 Cup of 2 percent milk
1 Pound of sliced white or wild mushrooms
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 Teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 Cup dry sherry
Dash of white pepper
- Pour the soup into an 8-cup measure.
- Stir in the cream and milk and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook the mushrooms over medium high heat for two minutes, shaking the pan.
- As the mushrooms begin to soften, add the lemon juice.
- Turn the heat to medium, stir for about two minutes.
- Add the mushroom soup mixture and sherry.
- Stir well.
- Lower the heat to simmer, and cook four to five minutes longer.
Photo: Courtesy of Oswegotea