Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Fresh fish is so easily available these days that everyone should try to take advantage of it! If you prefer, you may wish to substitute tarter sauce for the mayonnaise.
Quick and Easy Halibut Fillets
4 Halibut steaks, about 8 oz. each
1 Teaspoon quality olive oil
1/2 cup White wine
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 Cup fresh herbs (thyme, dill, parsley, rosemary), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse halibut steaks in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Brush each steak lightly with olive oil and place in a baking casserole.
- In a small bowl combine wine, mayonnaise and herbs. Spread over the top surface of the steaks.
- Bake covered for l0 minutes.
- Uncover and bake five more minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste the fillets with any liquid from the bottom of the pan.
Photo: Courtesy of SeaBear