Food TASTEful Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie in a Sugar Pumpkin
TASTEful Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie in a Sugar Pumpkin
Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Chicken Pot Pie in a Sugar Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- 2 Cups chicken, shredded or chunked
- 1/2 Cup green peas
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in celery and carrots.
- Cook two minutes.
- Add flour and cook two more minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Once it reaches a simmer, add potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken, parsley and peas.
- Pour into prepared sugar pumpkin and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Thawed frozen peas may be substituted for fresh.
- Cut off top of pumpkin and scoop out seeds, cleaning stringy flesh as you would a melon.
- Save pumpkin seeds for roasting!
Photo: Courtesy of How Stuff Works