Cincy Chic teamed up with TASTE Magazine — your source for Food, Drink, Fashion and Style — to provide you with recipes, food/drink related editorial and their extensive restaurant guides. This recipe comes from a TASTE contributor, to (hopefully) a plate near you!
Grilled Hearts of Romaine with Figs, Blue Cheese, Honey Mustard Dressing
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Romaine lettuce hearts
- 4 Fresh, ripe figs, halved lengthwise
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey and vinegar until smooth.
- Add olive oil gradually, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth and even.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Rub the romaine hearts and figs with the olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill with the figs cut side down and cook until golden brown, about two to three minutes.
- Cook the romaine lettuce hearts until golden brown, about two to three minutes per side.
- Cut romaine hearts in half lengthwise and place each half on an individual salad plate.
- Arrange the figs, cut side up, next to the romaine.
- Crumble blue cheese and scatter it over the romaine and figs then drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with crusty bread and additional freshly ground black pepper.
Photos: Courtesy of Yum Sugar