Our fashion columnist shares her top 10 perfect presents for the fashionistas on your list (including yourself!).
‘Tis the season for peppermint mochas and a latte on your “to do” list! If you still have a few gals on your list, here are a few fashionable options:
Typically, you need to plan personalized gifts well in advance if you are custom ordering a monogramed piece. But it’s not too late to achieve the same concept without the long wait.
Nordstrom is a good option to pick up a personalized piece. And they are happy to return or exchange gifts with ease.
- Kate Spade “One in a Million” Initial Pendant Necklace: Pick up this personalized piece for a reasonable price. It makes a simple, classic statement. Select someone’s first initial or the initial of their little ones. Layering a few to represent multiple children is another cute option.
- Alex And Ani Bracelet: Buy one or several of these stacking bracelets. Choose from initials, zodiac signs, birthstones and more for the ultimate individualized present. Even if she has one of these already, add to her collection. You can never have too much arm candy!
- Anthropologie Initial Mugs: Fill these with hot cocoa and marshmallows. The price is right for women at work or as a little extra.
Warm Woolen Mittens…And Other Winter Gear
A few favorites to wrap under the tree includes warm weather gear from mittens to coats. Give her something to keep her cozy in the cold or looking trendy in the frigid temperatures. J.Crew and Madewell are both good places to find winter wear. J.Crew Factory located in Monroe or Rookwood carries classic pieces for great prices.
- Less Than Tacky Sweater: Festive fairisle sweaters are a fun option. J.Crew Factory and Old Navy have a great selection. Typically, buy these on the smaller side for a more polished look.
- Puffy Vest: This is the hottest casual item of the season. Whether buffalo check or herringbone, she will adore this look to wear with boots and leggings.
- Rain and Snow Boots: Swing by Nordstrom to pick up a pair of Hunter or Sperry boots. If she doesn’t have these as we venture into snow days, you’ll want to add them to her wardrobe.
- Blanket Scarf: Zara, Target and Madewell all offer this cozy accessory. This is the perfect present if you’re not sure what size to buy in clothes or shoes.
Good As Gold
Still struggling to find something? Buying for someone that has everything? Show them that they were as good as gold this year.
- Kendra Scott Tassel Pendant Necklace: Perfect to pair with a new blouse or sweater. The tassel pendant necklace comes in several colors. It’s a great gift for mom or your sister. Shy away from buying it for your busty buddies. Long necklaces are not flattering to curvy figures.
- Michael Kors Watch: Looking for a luxe item? Add this watch to her collection. It’s a must-have statement piece that is worth the money.
- Kate Spade Paper goods: Try this stocking stuffer for the girl who has everything. Help her kick off 2016 inspired with glamorous paper goods.