It just seems so simple. Everyone seems to know that vegetables are good for them, But most of the population seems deficient in choosing them in their daily food regimen. Green vegetables are one of the very important parts of healthy eating. There are probably at least a hundred reasons to incorporate greens into every day balanced nutrition, but here are just a few to get you motivated to go to the fresh vegetable section and pick up some broccoli, spinach and green beans:
10) Green vegetables contain phytochemicals, which act as antioxidants and can help keep cancer-causing substances out of the body.
9) Greens, such as broccoli, can aid in digestion and keep the bacterium that is bad for you, out of your body.
8) These phytochemicals for leafy greens can keep you from going blind when you are older.
7) Green vegetables contain beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A, which also helps with sight, the immune system and healthy skin.
6) Potassium, which helps to regulate the heart and muscle contraction, and calcium, which maintains strong bones, are all found in dark leafy green vegetables.
5) Maintaining an adequate amount of dark green vegetables in the diet can actually reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
4) Because green vegetables, such as spinach, have a higher potassium content, they may reduce the risk of kidney stones.
3) The fiber found in greens reduces the bad cholesterol in the body, reducing clogging of arteries.
2) Folic acid is important in pregnancy, especially the first trimester. Folic acid reduces risks of birth defects. And guess what, folic acid is found in green veggies.
Ok, so if you are not completely convinced to eat your green vegetables every day, the number one reason on this list, may just win you over.
1) In order to maintain a healthy sex life, you must maintain good nutrition. Along with the grains, legumes and fruits, a person must include green vegetables to keep an unobstructed blood flow, healthy hormone levels and good nerve function.
So, do your research, go to the grocery store, invest in some healthy dark green vegetables and enjoy. You are ultimately doing your body nothing but good!