Sure, cardiovascular disease is devastating and the leading cause of death in America statistics are staggering. But that doesnt mean you cant have fun when supporting heart-health efforts!
Get Out For a Cause!
There will be red events around Cincinnati even after February! Check out this list of things you can get involved in to support the Go Red for Women Campaign:
- Wear your Sunday best for Red Dress Sundays! By donning a darling red dress on Sundays this month, you will be reminding everyone that hearts have a spiritual and physical meaning, and you want to raise awareness of the dangers of heart disease.
- Want to support the American Heart Association and get to do some wine tasting at the same time? For a $25 donation, you can! Newport on the Levees second annual Wine Walk will be held Feb. 5 from 6 to 9 p.m. and get to taste wine at BRIO Tuscan Grille, Claddagh Irish Pub, Jefferson Hall, Mitchells Fish Market, Pacific Moon and Reserve Restaurant & Piano Lounge. Space is limited, so registering is recommended. If there are any tickets remaining, they will be sold in the Gallery Building by the AMC ticket booth for $30 until 7:30 p.m. Feb. 5.
- Help out the womens heart programs at St. Elizabeth Medical Center and wear your best red dress from 6 to 11 p.m. Feb. 9 at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, Covington. The Red Dress Gala is black tie-optional and will feature an elegant evening of dancing, dining and auctions.
- The Polo Grille will be hosting Wine Divas Go Red Feb. 9. For more information or to RSVP, call (513) 701-POLO.
- The 15th Annual Heart Ball hosted by the American Heart Association will be at 6 p.m. Feb. 23 at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati. This is a black-tie gala with dinner, dancing and silent, life auctions.
- Put on your running shoes, the Mercy Heart Mini-Marathon will be held March 29 and 30! A Health and Fitness Expo will be held from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 29. On March 30, the 5K HeartRun will begin at 9 a.m., the 15K Heart Mini-Marathon will begin at 10 a.m., the 2K Kids Mini-MaraFun Run will be held at 12:30 and the 5K/10K HeartWalk will be at 1 p.m. You can register, sign up to volunteer or sponsor a participant online.
- Get a free health screening, healthy cooking demonstrations and educational sessions at the Go Red Empowerment Luncheon from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Savannah Center in West Chester on May 2.